cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all related records to an account - is there are way to pull that back?

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Ok - was asked by a colleague - can DT help with related data analysis - meaning give me all records related to this account id -  meaning contacts, opptys, tasks as well as custom objects? I want to say no but want to be sure - any help as always much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

I don't believe so. That would be really nice though. You would have to define the single object that you want to return in say, the match module, right? & then besides that, there are different types of "relatedto" fields. So on the Opportunity object you'd be looking for where the AccountID = 001XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and on Task where the RelatedToId = 001XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. 

I've thought about your request a lot over the years because we have Contacts who have a name of "Accounting Manager" who were just there to track a billing email address in previous CRMs. I'd love to delete these contacts but only if they don't have related records. 

Same with Accounts brought over from different CRM systems and acquisitions along the way. It would be nice to see if they have anything related to them, what their Last Activity Date is, and then delete based on the criteria. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

I don't believe so. That would be really nice though. You would have to define the single object that you want to return in say, the match module, right? & then besides that, there are different types of "relatedto" fields. So on the Opportunity object you'd be looking for where the AccountID = 001XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and on Task where the RelatedToId = 001XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. 

I've thought about your request a lot over the years because we have Contacts who have a name of "Accounting Manager" who were just there to track a billing email address in previous CRMs. I'd love to delete these contacts but only if they don't have related records. 

Same with Accounts brought over from different CRM systems and acquisitions along the way. It would be nice to see if they have anything related to them, what their Last Activity Date is, and then delete based on the criteria. 

Tony_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@bhare1357 It looks like you accepted this as a solution, but I wanted to add that you can potentially do this in Import while comparing against up to 5 objects at once by matching on the Account ID. Make sure you are using the CRM source and the Update or Upsert operation and only Export the grid rather than update.

@CRMSarah The best way to address the second part of your response would be to utilize the Field Aggregate action in Modify. Once those records are updated with those values then you can query them in the Delete Module.

Regards,

Tony Aponte
Customer Success Manager

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @CRMSarah - I didn't think so but again wanted to check - 🙂

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

@bhare1357 Have you had a chance to try @Tony_Validity 's solution? I'm intrigued by this solution, I just haven't had a chance to try it. 

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Hi @CRMSarah sorry but I haven't - honestly - I was really asking for a colleague - but I have passed it on to him and if I hear anything back I'll post here