cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble Setting Up Successful Match Rules

JenHussey
Observer

I'm new to DemandTools. I've watched the import training video. I've also read through some of the Help Center materials. 

When I attempted an import, I found that my match rules weren't successful. I work in higher ed. Our fine arts team uses MusicWindow. I need to import records from MusicWindow to ensure that we have all the same records in Salesforce. Knowing that some of the records will already exist in Salesforce, I chose upsert as the import type. I started with a test batch of 3 records, one of which I knew already existed in Salesforce. Below is a screenshot of the matching rules I set up. When I ran the preview, the record I know is already in Salesforce was showing as not having matched and was set to create a new contact. I'm open to suggestions from more experienced users.

Screenshot 2024-10-10 175944.png

1 REPLY 1

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hey @JenHussey - Welcome to DemandTools! Please shoot us an email at DemandtoolsCOE@validity.com and a member of our team would be happy to review your scenario with you. There are a lot of potential things that could be causing the record to not be identified so we'll need to dig a bit depper into your setup and potential matches to see what may be going on. Thanks!