Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use BriteVerify?

MalcolmAldridge
Frequent Contributor

More of a conversation starter

How do you use BriteVerify? 

We used to use BriteVerify as a stand alone tool but now have it as part of the Everest platform.

Are you bulk loading list or using the API?

We have mostly bult loaded lists every now and then and try recheck our whole database twice a year, we have recently started testing real time email address check through the API in one of our smaller markets which looks to be working well.

12 REPLIES 12

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @MalcolmAldridge ,

I know this post is more geared towards our community of customers but I wanted to say how happy I am to hear that you're trying new ways to use BriteVerify.  I have many customers that use the API feature in webforms to validate  email addresses, phone numbers, and mailing addresses before the end user can submit.

I also like to hear our customers' best/standard practices such as your organizatino checking the full database twice a year.  We have a Best Practicers for List Hygien article that I reference occasionally that others may find helpful.  Here's a Best Practices for Improving Sender Repuation article as well.

I usually recommend checing every few months depending if you've engaged with the contact or not.  Here's an article on data decay.

Hopefully we'll see some more conversation around this topic as it is an important one!  

Thanks for sharing,

Anthony
Customer Success Manager

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

Thanks @AnthonyValidity 
I didnt know we could verify more than just email address, do you have a link that talks about the other verification options (Phone, Address,...) and what Countries are covered and inputs needed?

Hi @MalcolmAldridge ,

It's my pleasure.  You can validate phone numbers and mailing addresses using API, SFTP, and file upload.

List of fields to send through API:

• Address1: The street line of the address
  • Address2: Any secondary address line including suite, apt or office number
  • City: The city name
  • State: The state name or abbreviation
  • Zip: The zip code belonging to the City and State

You can also setup the API to send all phone, email, and mailing address at the same time.  Real-time transaction API is use for individual calls (v1) and Bulk API is used for databases or lists (v2 and v3).

BriteVerify Mailing address validation is only available for the United States and Canada at this time.

Hope this helps,

Anthony

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

Hi @micah ,

I know you've been using the service for a long time.  Does your organization validate phone and/or mailing address?  Do you have any pointers for @MalcolmAldridge ?  I figured you've probably used it all - though I saw you mentioned you mostly use it for emails.

Thanks!

Anthony

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

Hi @AnthonyValidity ! We have been trying to implement real-time api on our forms and not having any luck. Is there anyone we could work with to walk us through this? We would love to be able to validate at the time of collection.

Hi @alexgosney ,

Has your developer team been using this guide: https://docs.briteverify.com/ ?  If you have any follow-up questions I would reach out to our Support team by using this form:  https://mycommunity.validity.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/SupportPage-CreateNewTicket-v2

Regards,

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

micah
Enthusiast

Hi @AnthonyValidity, unfortunately, we have only used it for email addresses. I don't have any experience with phone numbers or addresses.

-Micah

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Thank you, @micah for responding!  Out of curiousity and in alignment with the original post, how do you use BriteVerify?  If you have the time I think others would benefit from knowing your workflow!  

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

micah
Enthusiast

We primarily use BriteVerify for data we need to import into our CRM or email automation system (Acoustic). These are usually done via bulk upload, but occasionally we'll use the API to do one-off verifications. These could range from a few hundred addresses to 300,000 (when we've brought over legacy data from older systems). We've found that any time we import data that is 2 years old or older, we see a significant number of invalid addresses. We are B2B, and it makes sense, particularly with the pandemic and so much flux in the global jobs market. Being able to remove invalid addresses before we import keeps our data cleaner, but also makes sure our deliverability and sending reputation stays healthy.