cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Blank Override

GilbertH
Explorer

Hello, 

I am trying to get a better understanding of "Allow Blank Override" for imports.  What resources do you recommend? 

Thank you! 

Gilbert Hernandez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @GilbertH ,

I would start with the Import Module Overview Article.  It explains the following:

If you choose the Update or Upsert import type, you have the option to Allow Blank Override. This box is checked by default.

• If checked, this feature will always update even when the source is blank.
    • If your source has a blank value for First Name, and your CRM has James for first name, the final record after import will have a blank value for first name.
  • If unchecked, this feature will always update unless the source is blank.
    • If your source has a blank value for First Name, and your CRM has James for first name, the final record after import will have James for first name. 

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @GilbertH ,

I would start with the Import Module Overview Article.  It explains the following:

If you choose the Update or Upsert import type, you have the option to Allow Blank Override. This box is checked by default.

• If checked, this feature will always update even when the source is blank.
    • If your source has a blank value for First Name, and your CRM has James for first name, the final record after import will have a blank value for first name.
  • If unchecked, this feature will always update unless the source is blank.
    • If your source has a blank value for First Name, and your CRM has James for first name, the final record after import will have James for first name. 

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

Thank you for the feedback, Anthony!