cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assess job not running in lower environment

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Hi all - wondering if anyone has seen this - if not will email support 🙂

Just ran an assess job in prod earlier today and (after updating my version) it worked fine

Now try to run an assess job in a lower environment and got an error - found this in the log if helps

APPLICATION FAILED TO START

Description:

Web server failed to start. Port 8080 was already in use.

Action:

Identify and stop the process that's listening on port 8080 or configure this application to listen on another port.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

I was told by suppport that its because my port 8080 is already in use - just in case anyone was interested

from support - This is what I've found: Your port 8080 is already bound, you can not run two applications in the same port. Go to command prompt in windows and type the command netstat -a, you will get to know which is running in port 8080. You will need to end the already running application or run the new application on a different port. This is explained in more detail on https://springhow.com/web-server-failed-to-start-port-8080-was-already-in-use/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @bhare1357 ,

I personally have not seen this issue before so I would recommend opening up a Support ticket if no one else has suggestions.  You can easily open one up now by using this form.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

will do - thanks!!

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

I was told by suppport that its because my port 8080 is already in use - just in case anyone was interested

from support - This is what I've found: Your port 8080 is already bound, you can not run two applications in the same port. Go to command prompt in windows and type the command netstat -a, you will get to know which is running in port 8080. You will need to end the already running application or run the new application on a different port. This is explained in more detail on https://springhow.com/web-server-failed-to-start-port-8080-was-already-in-use/

Thank you for circling back and letting the community know!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager