cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format issue

SM
Explorer

Hi, we have recently started using Demand Tools and I am having a problem uploading data with the correct dates. I uploaded approximately 9000 records, each with 4 or 5 date fields and a large number of them uploaded as the next day. Not all of them did, and there didn't seem to be a pattern, some records had a mix of the correct date and the next day.

So I put the dates in this format '2021-01-28T00:00:00.00Z' and updated them using Demand Tools, only this time they updated as the day previous. How do I format the upload to get the exact date I need?

7 REPLIES 7

DanW_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hello @SM 

This is something that I am currently iinvestigating on a different post https://mycommunity.validity.com/t5/demandtools/date-format/td-p/198 

What I have found in my investigating so far is the dates are the previous day in Salesforce is when the machine's timezone is east of GMT. 

When my machine's timezone was set to (UTC +01:00) the dates were being imported a day behind. When I changed the timezone to (UTC +00:00) the dates were being imported the same date as what my file had, regardless of the date format I used. 

Is your machine's timezone set to UTC +01:00 or higher? Example UTC +05:00

Dan

SM
Explorer

Hi Dan. My timezone is set to UTC+00:00.  It's also not consistent across all dates, some were uploaded with the correct date and some were not.

SM
Explorer

I've updated to the latest version of Deman Tools and still can't consistently upload correct date fields, it is very odd

SM
Explorer

Example of DT Date errors.png

DanW_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Thank you for this additional information @SM we are currently investigating this. 

I will post a reply when I have more information.

Dan

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @SM ,

I looked over your account and noticed you have Ticket #142031 open with Support.  I think the best course of action is to continue working with them off of the ticket.  I'm going to circle back with @DanW_Validity as well.  

Regards,

Anthony
Customer Success Manager

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

SM
Explorer

Thank you!