cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedupe Account Name with "The Group" x "Group" x "Group"

nicobolar09
Explorer

Hi DTV Community,

I'm using the Dedupe to try and clean up some duplicated Account records but have found a challenge I can't seem to get working.

I have a scenario where I'm matching on Account Name to identify merge candidates. I have 3 duplicate records that are not being identified by DTV:

Account 1 Name = "The Clear Group (New York, NY)"
Account 2 Name = "Clear Group (New York, NY)"
Account 3 Name - "Clear Group (New York, NY)"

DTV is identifying Account 2 and 3 as Dupes, but not 1.  I need Account 1 to be the winner in this scenario.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Nico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @nicobolar09 ,

The longterm solution for this type of scenario is to use the Cleaned Account Name comparison type.  You would also want to add "The" to the prefix tab within that window.  You get there by going to Cogwheel > Manage Cleanse Rules > Prefix.  Once you add "The" to the prefix tab, any account name starting with The will have it removed when DemandTools 5.x attempts to match on the account name.  Account #1 would then match to #2 and #3.

Click here to go to the Cleaned Account Name explanation in our article.  Click here for the Manage Cleanse Rules article.

Hope this helps!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @nicobolar09 ,

The longterm solution for this type of scenario is to use the Cleaned Account Name comparison type.  You would also want to add "The" to the prefix tab within that window.  You get there by going to Cogwheel > Manage Cleanse Rules > Prefix.  Once you add "The" to the prefix tab, any account name starting with The will have it removed when DemandTools 5.x attempts to match on the account name.  Account #1 would then match to #2 and #3.

Click here to go to the Cleaned Account Name explanation in our article.  Click here for the Manage Cleanse Rules article.

Hope this helps!

Anthony Lardiere Jr

nicobolar09
Explorer

Thanks for this Solution, I just change the Cogwheel > Manage Cleanse Rule > Replace added "The " to "" and it work!

Great!  By the way, I don't think the space after the "The" is necessary as the system will account for the space after it.  Either way, I'm glad it worked!

Anthony Lardiere Jr