cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DT V - Where is the scenario xml file saved on mac?

DaizyLogikSHFB
Enthusiast

I am using DT V on mac os and I can't figure out where the scenarios are being stored on the hard drive. Can someone point me to the folder location where I can find my scenarios? 

I also noticed that when a sandbox was refreshed the scenario disappeared from the dashboard once I reconnected with the new credentials. Can someone clarify if the scenarios can still be found on the hard drive?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tony_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @DaizyLogikSHFB ,

In DemandTools V, the scenarios are not stored locally on your machine but in the cloud. If refereshing your Sandbox, share your scenarios to another Salesforce Org  ( new Sandbox, diffrent Sandbox or Production Org) prior to the refresh. After the refresh, share the scenarios to the new Sandbox Org. If you have the old sandbox org id, you can reach out to support@validity.com and they may be able to pull the scenarios as long as org has not been deleted.

Regards,

Tony Aponte
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tony_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @DaizyLogikSHFB ,

In DemandTools V, the scenarios are not stored locally on your machine but in the cloud. If refereshing your Sandbox, share your scenarios to another Salesforce Org  ( new Sandbox, diffrent Sandbox or Production Org) prior to the refresh. After the refresh, share the scenarios to the new Sandbox Org. If you have the old sandbox org id, you can reach out to support@validity.com and they may be able to pull the scenarios as long as org has not been deleted.

Regards,

Tony Aponte
Customer Success Manager

DaizyLogikSHFB
Enthusiast

Thank you @Tony_Validity for explaining how this works in DT V. I do see this as being problematic when multiple users are in the account and scenarios cannot be backed-up. I think DT V should allow a way to export the scenario xml as a backup. Is this on the roadmap?

Thanks, @Tony_Validity.

Hi @DaizyLogikSHFB, providing a local xml file for scenarios in DTV is not currently on the roadmap. However, we are actively exploring scenario management and saving enhancements to ensure that multiple users across an organization have the appropriate level of visibility into a scenario's configuration when working with or making alterations to an existing scenario.

I'd love to discuss this topic further with you and will reach out with a direct message later this week.