cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dupeblocker or statements

v_pagan
Explorer

Hi everyone, 

I am new to using dupeblocker. I want to create a Scenarios that includes looking for match if the contact email 1 matches email 2 or 3 or 4 or if any of emails matches each other. How would I create that rule?

1 REPLY 1

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @v_pagan, at this time users are unable to specify OR statements within the DupeBlocker managed package, but we are always open to hearing feedback! I would highly suggest following these steps to submit a feature request to be reviewed by our product team - this will allow us to guage user interest in potentially including this in a future release of DupeBlocker.

Although DupeBlocker scenarios cannot contain OR conditions, the Dedupe module in DemandTools V does allow for this. I would suggest creating a scenario in DemandTools V Dedupe using the Cross Field Match option as shown below to account for any records that might have slipped through. Cross field matching will allow you to choose up to 5 total fields to match across so this should definitely account for those 4 email fields.

JonG_Validity_0-1712242702039.png

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager