cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a fake email field change

michael-wtds
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to force a Salesforce duplicate rule to fire for contacts with the same email address, so that I can create reports from the Duplicate Record Set data.  However, the only way to get the duplicate record set records created is to make a change to the existing email addresses.

It seems my only option is to export the known duplicate email address records to a file, with the record ID, and do a blank email update, and then repeat the update to put back the original email address.  However, I would like to avoid blanking out the email address for audit tracking.

Any other suggestions on how to make this update?

Thanks!
Michael

1 REPLY 1

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @michael-wtds ,

Hope you're doing well!  If you're using Saleforce's native duplicate management and "the rule only runs on edited records when the edited fields are included in the associated matching rule" then I think your way is best.

I do want to point out that DupeBlocker, which is included in your contract, doesn't require a specific field to be updated (just an update).  Also, it can also trigger a warning or "set" by just viewing the record.

Regards,

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager