cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Prioritize 'Prospect' Status in Winning Records in SFDC

rishabh08
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I need help with a custom field in Salesforce. The field, 'Prospect Life Cycle', has values like 'AQL', 'Dormant', 'SAL', 'Prospect', etc., and is used in both Winning and Non-Winning records.

Challenge: If a Non-Winning record is labeled as 'Prospect', and the winning record is labeled as SAL/ AQL/Dormant. I want to prioritize this and apply it to Winning records too.

Question: How can I set up DemandTool to automatically prioritize the 'Prospect' status in Winning records when it appears in Non-Winning records?

Any advice or pointers on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @rishabh08 ,

You could use the Custom Scoring override in Field Rules to accomplish this.  You would find "Prospect Life Cycle" in the list of fields available.  You would select the override Custom Scoring.  Once in the scoring window, you would add the field again and add any score points for the value "Prospect."  In this scenario, Prospect will always in.

Field Rules

Hope this helps!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @rishabh08 ,

You could use the Custom Scoring override in Field Rules to accomplish this.  You would find "Prospect Life Cycle" in the list of fields available.  You would select the override Custom Scoring.  Once in the scoring window, you would add the field again and add any score points for the value "Prospect."  In this scenario, Prospect will always in.

Field Rules

Hope this helps!

Anthony Lardiere Jr

Hi @AnthonyValidity ,

Thank you for your answer. I have a follow-up query regarding that solution. I applied that solution to my problem and this is what it looks like:

rishabh08_0-1704999971013.png

What If the nonwinning record = SAL and the winning record = Will Never buy (and I would like to bring the SAL into the winning record, how would the field rule know which one to pick? even though I gave Prospect as the highest scoring? Will it replace Will Never Buy with Prospect? Please clarify. 

Hi @rishabh08,

You've set this up correctly.  It will only bring over the losing records value, if the scoring indicates that should come over.  Otherwise, the winning record's value will not be changed.  In your example, SAL would come over to the winning record's field.

Regards, 

Anthony Lardiere Jr

I will perform this test and let you know how it goes. @AnthonyValidity I appreciate your help with this.

Ashley_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@rishabh08 Curious if this worked out for you!?

rishabh08
Contributor

@Ashley_Validity Unfortunately it did not work.

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @rishabh08 what did the outcome look like?  What behavior did you see?

Anthony Lardiere Jr