cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation on Creating ContentNotes?

Steve_Marcy
Contributor

Hi there

Salesforce states, "You must use the Data Loader when you insert ContentNote object records...Attempting to insert ContentNote records via Workbench, for example, will always result in this error."  The way their help file is worded, it implies that I will not be able to do this via DT, either. See: Error saving notes that contain HTML tags or unescaped characters (salesforce.com)

I've been trying with DT 2.91, and every attempt ends with an error message within the DemandTools file that says "Note can't be saved because it contains HTML tags or unescaped characters that are not allowed in a Note." I'm trying to import .txt files, I'm quite sure there are not HTML tags. 

Is there something about DTV that will overcome this error? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve_Marcy
Contributor

Confirmed - I was able to insert ContentNotes using DT V. Apparently the issue I was running into yesterday was a limitation of v 2.91. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hey @Steve_Marcy - Thanks for the note. Have you attempted this in both versions or only 2.91 at this time? If you weren't aware, this was a newer feature release for DemandTools V to be able to import ContentNotes. There is some file prep needed to properly insert them outlined here and import instructions here. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or email us at support@validity.com should it return the same error after following the instructions. Thanks!

Steve_Marcy
Contributor

Thanks for the quick follow up.I'm familiar with the prep and import instructions you linked to, thanks. 

So far, I've only tried this process using DT v 2.91.I've simply never needed DT V, as DT 2.91 has always been able to do everything I needed, and it can be a pain (due to internal corporate IT policies) to get applications installed on my local machine. I'll pursue installing DT V to see if I get a different outcome. Thanks again for the quick response. 

Steve_Marcy
Contributor

Confirmed - I was able to insert ContentNotes using DT V. Apparently the issue I was running into yesterday was a limitation of v 2.91.