cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match Export not Aligned to Original Data

LFoster
Contributor

Has anyone else had an issue of the preview of the match results are in the correct order, but when you export and open the file it is in a completely different sort order?

This is causing mismatches in data or additional run time to check the sort order of the results.  I tend to just compare the matched data to the original in the export file.  Then I copy the matched SFDC ID to my original file.  This allows me to see what I still need to match and adjust the scenario data points as needed.

I have tried a new scenario, saved scenarios and using different export files and type (csv or xls).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LFoster, one of the main reasons the export file from Match does not match the order of the original input file is due to the fact that not all records within the file will match with the same criteria. In the Match preview grid, we prioritize by showing the matches up top & then anything that didn't match towards the bottom.

For example, I could have the first 10 rows in my file match, but maybe I wouldn't have another match until row 25 of my original file. That 25th row would then be pulled up to the top of my preview grid to be shown with the other matches. 

What I would suggest is to either utilize the initial export file from your Match scenario to see what other records need to find a match (you could hide the additional columns if needed) or you could filter the preview grid In DemandTools V to only show your non-matches. This should give you a better idea of the differences in regard to your match step & then you could go back and add an additional match step if desired.

JonG_Validity_0-1686920210507.png

I hope this helps, but if I am misunderstanding or if you're looking for other functionality, I would highly suggest submitting this as a feature request following these steps.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LFoster, one of the main reasons the export file from Match does not match the order of the original input file is due to the fact that not all records within the file will match with the same criteria. In the Match preview grid, we prioritize by showing the matches up top & then anything that didn't match towards the bottom.

For example, I could have the first 10 rows in my file match, but maybe I wouldn't have another match until row 25 of my original file. That 25th row would then be pulled up to the top of my preview grid to be shown with the other matches. 

What I would suggest is to either utilize the initial export file from your Match scenario to see what other records need to find a match (you could hide the additional columns if needed) or you could filter the preview grid In DemandTools V to only show your non-matches. This should give you a better idea of the differences in regard to your match step & then you could go back and add an additional match step if desired.

JonG_Validity_0-1686920210507.png

I hope this helps, but if I am misunderstanding or if you're looking for other functionality, I would highly suggest submitting this as a feature request following these steps.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Thanks for the feedback.  It's odd that this issue does not happene ach time but it does give me a better understanding of the process.  I will have to start using the full export file vs copying the matched ID row over to the master file.  It would be nice to have an option to keep aligned.