cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People Import --> DTV functionality question

ahenkel
Enthusiast

I have been using Demand Tools forever and love DTV as well. I have been working to recreate my match scenarios in DVT that I have in People Import, but continuing to use PI because I am finding there are features in PI that do not exist in DTV. So, I am looking for help (either there is a work around or someone can help me come down off the ledge - LOL) Example- in PI when matching contacts, I have match rules such as First Name, Last Name, State, Company and the Company rule presents itself as Company --> Account Name. 

I am not seeing in DTV a way that allows contact matches to cross into Account fields (Account Name, Billing address fields, etc) 

Thanks for your help!!

1 REPLY 1

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @ahenkel, I am glad to hear you are working to recreate your PeopIeImport scenarios in DemandTools V!

To match from one object to another (in this scenarios Contact to Account), you will first need to map the Contact fields to the Account object. From the Contact tab in Step 1, by clicking the ellipsis/3 dots on the right hand side of the field you'd like to match on, you can choose "Add Another Mapping" as pictured below. Once you select this, another row will be added to your screen which you can then map to the Account level; just be sure you're looking at the fields prefaced by "Account.".

JonG_Validity_0-1688992702396.png

JonG_Validity_1-1688992792446.png

Once mapped, you can then utilize those fields in your Contact match steps. I hope this helps - let me know if you have any follow up questions & we can connect separately!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager