cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading bulk tasks

BeyondMetrics
Explorer

Hi all

I need some help with bulk uploading of tasks in SFDC via the Demand Tools.

1. I need to create and assign multiple Tasks or Events at once by importing a spreadsheet of Tasks or Events and assign them to specific lead owners.

1. Set up Task or Event triggers: I need to set up Task or Event triggers to automatically create and assign Tasks or Events based on certain criteria, such as when a lead is assigned to a new owner or when a specific action is taken on a lead record.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annette_Apsley
Enthusiast

For your first item, we have recently done what you are asking about in our org. Unfortunately there is not an "easy" way as the Task/Activity object can be tricky. You will need to prepare your data frst with the User ID of the asignee/lead owner as well as the specific record ID of the object you are creating the new task against. Once your data is prepared, using Demand Tools to upload and create the Feed Item (becuase thats usally the object to create these is on) shoudl be just like any other data load. 

As far as the second item you mention, that is actually an SDFC build with a flow that you can do, or if it needs to be super complex and cant be achived with a flow then you would have to go to apex. That is not a Validity Demand tools function that I am aware of. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_R
Observer

Hi,

Trying to get more clarity on your ask.  If you have a list of Tasks or Events already created, why the event based trigger on the Lead object?

I'm interpreting this as you want to create a new task with some constant value (not in a spreadsheet).

This sounds like it may be a combination of using the DemandTools scheduler to run scenario(s) to find leads matching your criteria, then one or more Import scenarios using the Update timestamp to pull your lead updates.  For reference, I'm looking at https://knowledge.validity.com/hc/en-us/articles/8196510571035-Import.  

Annette_Apsley
Enthusiast

For your first item, we have recently done what you are asking about in our org. Unfortunately there is not an "easy" way as the Task/Activity object can be tricky. You will need to prepare your data frst with the User ID of the asignee/lead owner as well as the specific record ID of the object you are creating the new task against. Once your data is prepared, using Demand Tools to upload and create the Feed Item (becuase thats usally the object to create these is on) shoudl be just like any other data load. 

As far as the second item you mention, that is actually an SDFC build with a flow that you can do, or if it needs to be super complex and cant be achived with a flow then you would have to go to apex. That is not a Validity Demand tools function that I am aware of. 

BeyondMetrics
Explorer

Thank you. Is there a video or demo link showing the first bit? Thanks

This Salesforce Help article walks you through it. It tells you to use Data Loader but you can use Demand tools as well. Also there is a ink at the bottom of the artilce to a You Tube Video on it. https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000385233&type=1

Hi @BeyondMetrics ,

For the first part, as @Annette_Apsley mentioned, it would require you to have the IDs necessary to attach the task to the correct records.  I think of those as required fields, even though it is possible they're not required.  Without them, the tasks would be partially or fully orphaned which no one likes!

I also agree with @Robert_R where you could export these records (with the IDs) and then use Import to insert the new tasks.  

Unfortunately, I do not have a video available that would walk you through this.  In summary, you'll need the record owner ID as well as the Lead ID (in your instance) so that the tasks are associated with the right records. 

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager