cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time zone does Scheduled jobs run by?

Blessing
Explorer

Hello,

I scheduled 2 jobs to run, one at 6 AM and the other at 7 AM. Checked on the jobs first thing in the morning and noticed on the last run column that the jobs had run 8 hours ago. I'm a bit confused as to the timezone the scheduled jobs run and also from my understanding you need to have your computer on and connected to the internet before scheduled jobs can run but that was not the case 8 hours ago when the jobs were said to run.
I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

Tony_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Blessing, scheduled jobs will use the time on your local machine. For example, if I ran a job at 8am EST and you are in Western time zone. When you are looking at the job in Schedule, which would be listed as Active Remotely, the job would show 5am as the time the job ran. Here are definitions of the jobs' statuses:

• Active Locally: The job is scheduled to run on your computer.
  • Active Remotely: The job is scheduled to run on a different computer in your organization.
  • Inactive: The job is not currently scheduled to run.

Here is the Schedule article for future reference:https://knowledge.validity.com/hc/en-us/articles/7989621679515-DemandTools-V-Schedule-Jobs

Regards,

Tony Aponte
Customer Success Manager

Blessing
Explorer

Hi @Tony_Validity , Thank you for your response. The jobs were scheduled to run on a virtual machine set to Pacific Standard Time. They are supposed to run 6 am and 7 am however, whenever I check the virtual machine for the run history it keeps showing that the job ran at 10 PM and 11 PM.

Tony_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

HI @Blessing , Thank you for the additional information. We have created a support ticket on your behalf to troubleshoot this issue and they will let you know if more details are required.

Regards,

Tony Aponte
Customer Success Manager