cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Throttling

Lidia
Enthusiast

Hi, how are you?

My name is Lidia and I have been working with deliverability for the past 2 years. Recently I have experienced a late delivery on Microsoft for IPs with volumes tha pass 200k sents per day. I would like to hear for other professional if you have been through it and if any any actions took have helped.

i will appreciate any feedbacks, thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JulieS_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi Lidia,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. A couple of questions for you to think about or investigate: 

• Is this happening for all IP's/Domains or only some?
  • Is this happening for only one template/creative?
  • Have there been any changes to your internal systems that may have changed your authentication protocols (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)?
  • Are you managing complaints (subscribers who have marked your email as spam) in a timely manner? You should be removing them from future sends. 
  • Are you receiving excessive SRD junk votes? This data is available for our Certification customers as a direct feed from Microsoft.

I recommend checking on these items so you can narrow down even more where the problem stems from. A few other things you can do, is be sure you're sending relevant content to subscribers who are engaged with your email program. If you find it relates to one specific template or IP you should investigate that further. 

I'm also including a link to our Knowledge Center article to help troubleshoot issue with Microsoft, hopefully that will also give you some things to consider. 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Julie

View solution in original post

JulieS_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hey Lidia,

Thanks for the responses! One other question for you, does your sending volume remain consistent? Mailbox providers don't like a large change in normal sending volumes, so this may explain why they slow your mail once you reach a certain number. 

Two suggestions for you, you could open a ticket with the Microsoft Postmaster (link can be found in the Knowledge Center link I provided originally) or you could manually throttle those larger sends though your ESP. 

Good luck!

Julie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JulieS_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi Lidia,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. A couple of questions for you to think about or investigate: 

• Is this happening for all IP's/Domains or only some?
  • Is this happening for only one template/creative?
  • Have there been any changes to your internal systems that may have changed your authentication protocols (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)?
  • Are you managing complaints (subscribers who have marked your email as spam) in a timely manner? You should be removing them from future sends. 
  • Are you receiving excessive SRD junk votes? This data is available for our Certification customers as a direct feed from Microsoft.

I recommend checking on these items so you can narrow down even more where the problem stems from. A few other things you can do, is be sure you're sending relevant content to subscribers who are engaged with your email program. If you find it relates to one specific template or IP you should investigate that further. 

I'm also including a link to our Knowledge Center article to help troubleshoot issue with Microsoft, hopefully that will also give you some things to consider. 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Julie

Hi, Julie! How are you?

Here are the answers for you questions:

• Is this happening for all IP's/Domains or only some? Only some.
  • Is this happening for only one template/creative? No, is more especific for the IP/Domain.
  • Have there been any changes to your internal systems that may have changed your authentication protocols (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)? No, its all set up.
  • Are you managing complaints (subscribers who have marked your email as spam) in a timely manner? You should be removing them from future sends. - It is all being managed in able time.
  • Are you receiving excessive SRD junk votes? This data is available for our Certification customers as a direct feed from Microsoft. Also no, we receive a very low volume of SRD votes.

Thank you!!

JulieS_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hey Lidia,

Thanks for the responses! One other question for you, does your sending volume remain consistent? Mailbox providers don't like a large change in normal sending volumes, so this may explain why they slow your mail once you reach a certain number. 

Two suggestions for you, you could open a ticket with the Microsoft Postmaster (link can be found in the Knowledge Center link I provided originally) or you could manually throttle those larger sends though your ESP. 

Good luck!

Julie