cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use an Or condition in dedupe match records?

huskerwendy
Explorer

I've done deduping using Account Names, Address, phone and Website. However, we have a lot of accounts that were created without all of that data. I need to now do a dedupe uising just the Account Name field. I would like to use one where the comparison type for the Account Name field is "Cleaned Account Name" or the Account Name comparison type matches on the First X Words. I want this to be an OR condition. Is that possible?SCR-20240926-f3h.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @huskerwendy, at this time there is not a way to create an OR condition within the Dedupe module - Since deduplication is typically a multi-step process, we would suggest creating these as two separate scenarios; one to match using Cleaned Account Name, and a second scenario to run afterwards with the First X Words Comparison Type.

If you are interested in seeing expanded capabilities within the Dedupe module, I would highly suggest submitted a Feature Request by following the steps outlined here. Our product team reviews these regularly to determine what our users are looking for in future releases of DemandTools V!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @huskerwendy, at this time there is not a way to create an OR condition within the Dedupe module - Since deduplication is typically a multi-step process, we would suggest creating these as two separate scenarios; one to match using Cleaned Account Name, and a second scenario to run afterwards with the First X Words Comparison Type.

If you are interested in seeing expanded capabilities within the Dedupe module, I would highly suggest submitted a Feature Request by following the steps outlined here. Our product team reviews these regularly to determine what our users are looking for in future releases of DemandTools V!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager