cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

502 Error: Bad Gateway when logging into DemandTools

Steve_Marcy
Enthusiast

Hi there. 
We are power-users of DemandTools. For a number of reasons, we still use DemandTools 2.9.1. We have multiple users, too.
All of us are suddenly getting the same error message when trying to log in. This shows up in a DemandTools error message window: 

"Failed to login on to Validity license server. This is most likely a problem with the proxy server. Make sure crmfusion.com and validity.com are whitelisted. 

Failed error message: The request failed with HTTP status 502: Bad Gateway."

Is there some action we can take on our end to overcome this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ashley_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Update: 6/13/23 5:26 pm EDT 

Thank you all for your patience.  As of around 5:15 pm this issue has been resolved and users should be able to login without incident.  

Initial post: 

I have an update from our Support and Engnieering teams related to this issue. We are currently experiencing an infrastructure disruption related to issues with our cloud service provider. 

• DemandTools 2.91 users may not be able to login at this time.
  • DemandTools 5.xx users will be presented with the error: "Something unexpected happened," but have the option to close this window and be taken into the product.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will continue to provide updates until this is resolved!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Anthony
Explorer

We are getting the same error on our end. We are also getting a similar error with DTV. Validity doesn't have a trust site that the support rep i spoke with is aware of, where issues like this can be monitored. They instead created a case for me. Support rep informed me they are aware and working on it.

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@Anthony You may be able to click past the error in DTV and process some scenarios.. I was able to complete a Dedupe scenario, but just be aware that you may encounter other errors at this time.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

@JonG_Validity does Validity use AWS? I am having issues with other applications that use AWS similar to this.

@Anthony I am hearing from my support team that this issue is resoved as of 5:15 pm ET.  

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Steve_Marcy, we are aware of this and are investigating the error; It appears that this is on our end, but I will open a support ticket for you and we will notify you once this is resolved.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Thanks. I had already created ticket 151578. Thanks for the quick follow up. 

Ashley_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Update: 6/13/23 5:26 pm EDT 

Thank you all for your patience.  As of around 5:15 pm this issue has been resolved and users should be able to login without incident.  

Initial post: 

I have an update from our Support and Engnieering teams related to this issue. We are currently experiencing an infrastructure disruption related to issues with our cloud service provider. 

• DemandTools 2.91 users may not be able to login at this time.
  • DemandTools 5.xx users will be presented with the error: "Something unexpected happened," but have the option to close this window and be taken into the product.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will continue to provide updates until this is resolved!

Ashley_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@Steve_Marcy I am hearing from my support team that the issue has been resolved and you should be able to log in without error.  (as of around 5:15 pm ET)

iMentor
Observer

Hi, @Ashley_Validity we are experiencing this issue now. Is there a way to submit a support ticket outside of posting here?