cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update converted leads

mshammel
Explorer

Is there a way to tweak a setting so that DemandTools can update converted leads?  Just trying to update a region field.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @mshammel, you should be able to update converted leads in Modify by creating a Record Selection Criteria stating "IsConverted" = True. You can add additional criteria if you don't want to update all of your converted leads to be updated at the same time. Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @mshammel, you should be able to update converted leads in Modify by creating a Record Selection Criteria stating "IsConverted" = True. You can add additional criteria if you don't want to update all of your converted leads to be updated at the same time. Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

This is the way . . . we've used the permission set for a long time and it's very helpful.

This might be just me, but I highly recommend if you use the permission set that you only apply it when you know you need to modify converted Leads . . . and remove it when you are done. Doing so helps you see in the UI that the Lead was converted and what the Contact/Opportunity is. And it stops you from mistaking converted for non-converted Leads in the UI since they look the same (unless you've done something custom to make that highly visible for users who would be able to see them with the permission applied). Only takes a few clicks to do it.