cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop same contacts from showing as duplicates each time

LeonaBelkMSSU
Frequent Contributor

I am curious if there is a solution or perhaps future feature that would allow us to say "No. These are not duplicates, please stop asking me" when running Dedupe. We have several relatives that the system picks up as possible duplicates. It isn't horrible to uncheck them each time, but it would be nice if we could figure out a way we wouldn't have to look at them over and over again. Are there any other orgs who have found a way around this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LeonaBelkMSSU,

There two ways you can do this.  The first is a manual process on a custom field of your choice.  You would pull in that field into your preview screen, double click the field for the records you don't want to be considered duplicates, and flag them (its up to you how you'd like to do this).

When you run the scenario again, you would change the "Filter Match Results" in step two to say that you want at least one record in each match NOT to have that flag.  This way you can review new records that are part of the match that have not been reviewed yet.

Another way would be to uncheck the records that you do not want processed, process, run the scenario again, export the data in the preview screen, and then use Import to update those records with a "Constant."

Let me know if you're following - if not - we can discuss further.

Regards, 

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LeonaBelkMSSU,

There two ways you can do this.  The first is a manual process on a custom field of your choice.  You would pull in that field into your preview screen, double click the field for the records you don't want to be considered duplicates, and flag them (its up to you how you'd like to do this).

When you run the scenario again, you would change the "Filter Match Results" in step two to say that you want at least one record in each match NOT to have that flag.  This way you can review new records that are part of the match that have not been reviewed yet.

Another way would be to uncheck the records that you do not want processed, process, run the scenario again, export the data in the preview screen, and then use Import to update those records with a "Constant."

Let me know if you're following - if not - we can discuss further.

Regards, 

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

Thank you! I thought there might possibly be a way to do it using a custom field. I will work on this and reach out if we have any questions or issues. I appreciate it! 

tafsfdc
Contributor

The custom field suggestion is a good one. We had so many one-offs like this come up either for things we needed to "tag" or things operations wanted to tag and kept wanting new fields for that we decided to create a multi-select picklist field for key objects and then we could just add picklist values there for various tagging instead of new fields, checkboxes, etc. For example, User object has a "User Special Designations" field that we use for that. That can get abused, too . . . but at least it's just one field and you can add or remove values easily as needed.