cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Import

omalleya1
Observer

I have a Contact Object import to Salesforce, and the file only has Account name. 

I'd like to upsert existing matching records.

For new records, i want to look for a matching account to attribute to. if the account doesn't exist, then i want to create new.

How do I do this ?

1 REPLY 1

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @omalleya1, this process can be acheived by using the Import module within DemandTools V. Import will allow you to take your external file of Contacts, compare it against any object in Salesforce, & then insert new records and update existing records. In this scenario, using the Upsert operation, you would most likely want to choose Contact & then Account object.

After you create your match steps in step 3 of Import, you'll be able to choose the option to create a Contact under any matching Accounts in Salesforce. To do so, you can navigate to the Account tab & select Contact from the dropdown as shown in the attached screenshot.

On the Final Matching Conditions Tab, you will want to select "Create a New Contact/Account". This will take anything that did not match to an existing record in Salesforce and create a new contact & account with that data. When doing this, I highly recommend utilizing the "Limit new duplicates by field" checkbox to avoid creating duplicate Accounts in the process.

We do have a great video which covers the Import process from start to end which can be found here!

I will note that Import can be a lot to take in at once, so definitely take your time when building out your scenario and ensure you're finding accurate matches to your records in Salesforce. You can always go back to modify your scenario while in the preview grid!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager