cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Convert' Lead to existing Contacts

Matthew_Rushton
Contributor

Similar to the question asked in the post below, we would like to be able to 'convert' matching Unconverted Leads to existing Contacts and Accounts.

If we do this manually, Salesforce will recognise the duplicate and ask if we want to convert the lead to the existing Contact on Account XYZ.  Yes we do!  How can we do this in an automated way though using Demand Tools?

Criteria would be any Contacts created in Date range X where the Email address exactly matches that of an unconverted Lead, possibly adding in Cleansed Account Name on the Company for extra 'security'.

Using 2 match searches - I have pulled together a list with all the Lead IDs and the Contact IDs they should be 'converted' to. If it were possible to do it from such a list this would be an acceptable compromise as a one-off clean up exercise, however I have not been able to get this to work.  Ideally we would like to create a scenario that would idenfify these records from criteria so we could just run this ad-hoc to catch any future examples. 

I see there is already a thread on this subject, however it refers to a particular Customer's use case.

https://mycommunity.validity.com/t5/demandtools/convert-leads-to-new-contacts-on-existing-accounts-o...

Are you able to advise how best to tackle this in our particular case though please?

1 REPLY 1

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@Matthew_Rushton - Convert is a perfect module for this scenario. Within Convert, you can compare your leads to contacts and/or accounts and convert them to potential matches. Our knowledge base has helpful documentation on the module but feel free to reach out to us at DemandToolsCOE@validity.com if you'd like to discuss your specific usecase in further detail, thanks!