cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedupe between Record Types

FCZ
Explorer

Is there a way to create a scenario to check for duplicate accounts that are NOT the same record type? I can see where I can create a filter for a specific Record type or use it as a matching criteria, but I would like to so potential duplicates between record types only. 

4 REPLIES 4

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@FCZ - Can you share more detail on what you are looking to acheive? You are looking to dedupe an object but only want to dedupe those that don't share the same record type, is that correct? Or only compare objects of a certain record type?

Hello! The former. I am looking to find potential duplicates around different record types only. I do recognize that I can just pull all record types, but that would require me to go in and remove any duplicate groups that are for the same record type so I can focus on the cross dupes only. Hope this helps.

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Certainly, so this is a job for the Filter Match Results feature in Dedupe. It will take a little engineering depending on your specific data and criteria but will aid in not having results be all the same, everytime. Filter Match Resuls tells Demandtools to return match sets where a condition is met AT LEAST once per match set. 

Pugs_Validity_0-1728499182966.png

Pugs_Validity_3-1728499331864.png

For example, in the screenshot above, if most of my records are account type Customer, using the Filter Match Results criteria above, I would ensure all my results in the preview grid had at least one record with the an account type other than customer. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

FCZ
Explorer

thanks for this, however, this still pulls duplicates within the same record types, just removes a specific one.