cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I mass convert leads into contacts?

cj_malwarebytes
Frequent Contributor

Good Morning!

Just wondering if there is a way to mass convert leads into contacts using DTV.

I've about 430 leads that share the same emails as for contacts already in SFDC.

The exercise is to potentially convert those leads into contacts, then merge the duplicate contacts.

They do not want to delete the leads.

Thanks,

Carlos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi Carlos,

You could use Convert to only match on Accounts / Companies.  The Leads would be converted, but not deleted.  Then you could run Dedupe to find the duplicates and merge.

If they do not want to convert the leads, which generally go out of site for most users without special permissions, you could use Import.

You would use the contact object and the account object.  You would use the source of the same environment you're logged into on the top right corner.  You would create a false match on contacts as you don't want them to update the existing contacts, and on the account object you would insert child object - contact.  You would then match on the company/account and insert new contacts under the matched accounts.

You would then run Dedupe to identify the duplicate contacts and then merge them.  

Let me know if you'd like to discuss this further.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi Carlos,

You could use Convert to only match on Accounts / Companies.  The Leads would be converted, but not deleted.  Then you could run Dedupe to find the duplicates and merge.

If they do not want to convert the leads, which generally go out of site for most users without special permissions, you could use Import.

You would use the contact object and the account object.  You would use the source of the same environment you're logged into on the top right corner.  You would create a false match on contacts as you don't want them to update the existing contacts, and on the account object you would insert child object - contact.  You would then match on the company/account and insert new contacts under the matched accounts.

You would then run Dedupe to identify the duplicate contacts and then merge them.  

Let me know if you'd like to discuss this further.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

Hi Anthony,

Thank you so much for your prompt response and guidance, I would like to convert the 430+ leads into contacts, then merge the duplicate contacts as we already have contacts with the exact same emails as the 430+ leads and the purpose of this task is to clean up those "duplicate" emails, althought, we have the same emails one for a contact and one for a lead.

The problem I am encountering is related to converting those leads would create 52 accounts. I only need to convert 431 leads into contacts, those should be assigned to the same account names I already have from the contacts that share the same emails.

If I were to convert those leads now, it says 431 contacts to create and 52 accounts to create.

Please let me know if it would be possible to share my screen and or schedule a time to have a call.

Thanks,

Carlos

cj_malwarebytes
Frequent Contributor

I got it, Thank you again, Anthony, much appreciated!