cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent DTV crashes when working through large objects?

karthik
Contributor

Would like to prevent errors or shutdowns from ocurring for long processes.

1 REPLY 1

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @karthik, I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering crashes when working with your larger objects - there are a few thinks we can do to try and prevent this.

The main thing to check is our System Requirements for DemandTools V - performance is definitely influenced by the machine being utilized and can occasionally underperform if these requirements are not met.

Other than this, I would highly suggest using the Record Selection Criteria function to narrow down the amount of records being work with at once - this will help your scenarios quicker & also allow you to more efficiently review the results grid.

One other suggestion I can make it to always refresh the DemandTools platform daily. Every morning I just make sure I close out the platform and reopen it to ensure all tokens have been refreshed. Leaving the platform open too long can cause some unexpected errors to occur & we don't want that!

If you're still running into errors after taking all this into account, our technical support team would be the best to assist. They can be contacted by filling out this form.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager