cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Certificate

LAvery
Explorer

I'm receiving error "Java Certificate Error Upon Login" when attempting to load DemandTools V, where do I obtain this missing certificate?

3 REPLIES 3

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LAvery ,

You can click here for the article on the subject.  Essentially, you will have to work with your IT to better understand how to install the certificate.

Explanation:

This error is thrown when DemandTools has an issue accessing the local Java Certificate needed to communicate with your Salesforce account. When initialized, DemandTools looks for a Java certificate. You may encounter this error if:

• The certificate does not exist
  • The certificate has been moved
  • Your company network uses a server that intercepts traffic between DemandTools and the internet

Solutions:

1. If your company uses an interception server, the IT team most likely handles its configuration and may be able to allow this server to use a publicly accepted certificate by updating the SSL Certificate. Validity is not able to do this on our customers' behalf.
  2. If the interception server mentioned above cannot have the SSL certificate updated, your company's IT team will have to obtain the certificate file for that server and add it to the Java truststore that DemandTools uses (via "Import Certificate").

Work with your company's IT team to verify the proper path of the Java certificate or make adjustments to your company's network configuration and firewalls.

If you are unable to get this to work, you can reach out to our Support team by going here.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

LAvery
Explorer

We were able to get the certificate issue resolved however I'm still getting a UAC prompt when launching the application each time.  Have you heard of this prompt before?  

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LAvery,

I have not seen this issue before.  I would imagine it has to do with the permissions of the person that installed it for you - they have to be full local admins.  I would open a ticket with Support so they can help you further.  You can use this form.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager