cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested IF Formulas

Murphybp79
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to use a Nested IF Formula to set a field value in the Modify module?  And if so, is there a limit on the number of IFs you can nest?  When I tried creating one and I clicked the button to "Check Formula" my screen turn entirely white and I have to restart DemandTools.  I tried it several times with different numbers of Nested IFs and it was the same result, so not sure if it's a bug or if there is some restriction it's hitting up against. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Murphybp79 !

The IF formula is available in the Modify module, which I realize you've seen.  There are no limits that I'm aware of and therefore I will get a Support ticket open for you.  You should be getting an email shortly.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Murphybp79 !

The IF formula is available in the Modify module, which I realize you've seen.  There are no limits that I'm aware of and therefore I will get a Support ticket open for you.  You should be getting an email shortly.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

michael-wtds
Frequent Contributor

I've run into challenges with the nested if formulas as well, and I thought I had to remove the line breaks or wrap parenthesis around formulas.  But usually, it turns out to be some minor syntax issue that gets me.

Here's a quick example nested IF formula that validated for me -

IF(CountryMatchReturnLongName(${MailingCountry}, true) = "United States",
NaPhoneFix( ${Phone} ), IF(LEN(${Phone})> 2 ,${Phone},"" ))