cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old "Find IDs" module

ldano
Explorer

Hey there! Was the old "Find IDs" module replaced with something that I have simply overlooked so far? I used to use the all the time on an older version, but have found myself doing mass VLookups too much lately and wondered if I was missing something. Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ashley_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @ldano! FindIds was renamed "Match" in DTV.  Hope that saves you from some of your VLOOKUPS! 😃

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ashley_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @ldano! FindIds was renamed "Match" in DTV.  Hope that saves you from some of your VLOOKUPS! 😃

lhoffer
Contributor

I used "Match" for the first time the other day - worked like a charm.  Thanks for the parity between "old school" and DTV.

Life is short. Make fun of it! - Leyna

Jim_Blessing
Explorer

Is it me or does MATCH run significantly slower than Find IDs?  Maybe I am doing something wrong with MATCH, but what used to take about 15 minutes to run in 2.9x, now takes >1 hour using MATCH in DTV.  Does anyone have idea's?

Hi @Jim_Blessing ,

Are you on the latest version of DemandTools 5.x?  DemandTools 5.24.1 has had some performance enhancements to Match.  You may find it is significantly faster.

If you're still having issues with the performance after upgrading, I would suggest reaching out to Support by clicking here.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

Jim_Blessing
Explorer

Anthony,  Thanks for the reply.  I am upgrding as we chat!  I'll update this after my next go-around.

Thank you,

Jim