cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properly formatting new records?

ALarue
Contributor

Am I able to use DemandTools to have newly created records automatically properly formatted when entering my Salesforce? It would be a huge help if not currently available, the issue has caused me a ton of manual work!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hey @ALarue, great question! While DemandTools may not be able to do this in realtime, the Schedule feature in DemandTools V can help you acheive this as often as every five minutes if you desire! Using Modify, you can filter your records to a distinct time period, such as today, and run any of the available formulas on a scheduled scenario. 

Pugs_Validity_2-1708976401640.png

Pugs_Validity_0-1708975817873.png

Pugs_Validity_1-1708975945348.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hey @ALarue, great question! While DemandTools may not be able to do this in realtime, the Schedule feature in DemandTools V can help you acheive this as often as every five minutes if you desire! Using Modify, you can filter your records to a distinct time period, such as today, and run any of the available formulas on a scheduled scenario. 

Pugs_Validity_2-1708976401640.png

Pugs_Validity_0-1708975817873.png

Pugs_Validity_1-1708975945348.png

Elliot_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@ALarue I'd also love to add onto @Pugs_Validity's recommended workflow for achieving this today across the board, by noting that we'll be bringing the Modify-esque formula standardization to the Import module very soon, ensuring data can be standardized to your specific needs before Importing data to Salesforce.

It's worth noting that a handful of pre-defined Transforms are available in Import today, which may solve some of your needs in the short term. They're accessible by selecting the three-dot menu on a field during mapping and selecting transform. Definitions for each are available on hover.

Elliot_Validity_0-1709027358204.png

Elliot_Validity_2-1709027428177.png