cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative date period, to exclude recent briteverify checks

Gerard_Spijker
Explorer

I am using the Validity DemandTools desktop application, to run various scenarios. Is it possible to enter a relative time periode, like we know from Salesforce.com reports, to include or exclude certain target groups for checking the email address. For example, When I run a scenarion, I don't want to have those contacts/email address checked, which already have been checked in the last 7 days.

So, I want to add a rule saying: timestamp is smaller or equal to '7 days ago'.

For now I can set only a fixed date, but that would mean that I need to change 30 scenarios every time, that I want to run these scenarios the next time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Gerard_Spijker, when adding Record Selection Criteria, different fields will allow you to utilize different operators. To achieve the use case you mentioned, you should be able to select the timestamp/date field, and scroll down in the Operators dropdown to view your relative date options - I included a screenshot below of an example where I am only verifying records that have not been verified within the last 7 days. If you'd like to test out how the different operators work, you can use the Tune module to pull a quick report of records based on that field/condition. That should make it easy to verify you're choosing the right operator! Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

JonG_Validity_0-1719940817854.png

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Gerard_Spijker, when adding Record Selection Criteria, different fields will allow you to utilize different operators. To achieve the use case you mentioned, you should be able to select the timestamp/date field, and scroll down in the Operators dropdown to view your relative date options - I included a screenshot below of an example where I am only verifying records that have not been verified within the last 7 days. If you'd like to test out how the different operators work, you can use the Tune module to pull a quick report of records based on that field/condition. That should make it easy to verify you're choosing the right operator! Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

JonG_Validity_0-1719940817854.png

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Thanks, that was really helpfull! I hadn't noticed further down the operator list that these options were available.