cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce EDA Package - Deduping Contacts - What's the best way to reparent relationships?

lydiam8
Enthusiast

In EDA in Salesforce, there are relationship records that connect a Contact with a Related Contact. So a relationship could link a parent to a child, for example, with the type "Parent.' There is validation logic set up that prevents you from changing the Contact or Related Contact on a relationship record, saying "Instead of changing the Contacts in this Relationship, either delete this record, or if appropriate, add an end date and update the status to Former. Then create a new Relationship record between the new Contacts." This is default EDA functionality. I'm wondering what the recommended action is  when deduping. When I go to merge two records and the loser has a relationship, I want it to be reparented, but the validation logic above stops me. Has anyone else run into this, or does anyone have suggestions on what to do? 

1 REPLY 1

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @lydiam8,

I'm going to reach out to you about this privately.  This will most likely require a multistep process.

Regards, 

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager