cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using child objects for field rules

artichokelight
Explorer

Is there a way to use child objects for scoring in field rules.

I have a use case where I want to use a custom marketing data object, which contains information about how people interact with e-mails, to determine which e-mail should win when merging accounts.

But I'm unsure how to do this without basically having to duplicate fields across multiple objects. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong.

1 REPLY 1

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @artichokelight, at this time Field Rules only allow users to score based on field level data from the object you're currently deduplicating. As you mentioned, one workaround would be to create a field on that object to hold that data, which can even be hidden from view of end users. I know this is not ideal, but it would allow you to achieve the mentioned use case.

If you haven't already, I would highly suggest submitting this as a feature request within MyValidity. These feature requests are reviewed regularly by our product team & evaluated as potential features for future DemandTools releases. More information on submitting a feature request can be found here. Thank you!!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager