cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity DemandTools Ask Me Anything event

Manuel_Validity
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the Validity DemandTools Ask Me Anything event.

This event has ended this time and no more replies to this thread will be accepted, please stay tuned for our next event later in the year.

If you have further questions, please post them to the DemandTools Forum where one of our user experts will surely answer!

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

ajavalidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Thanks so much @LFoster for the speedy response. This makes perfect sense now. Let me do some testing before the Ask me Anything session tomorrow and we will provide an answer to you live during the session. If we do end up needing to take it offline, I'll be sure to let you know and we can get a meeting on the books to discuss it in greater detail. 

Hi @LFoster Thanks for your patience as I worked on doing some further testing. I was able to determine in my testing that when exporting the matches in rows vs. columns, the row data remains in the same order as the original file- the only thing to keep in mind is that if there are multiple matches, there will be multiple new rows for each of the matched records. Regarding the sort changing when exporting the matches in columns, we will need to look into this further. Since I was able to reproduce this issue, I am going to open a support case on your behalf so our Support team can further investigate. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further correspondence from the Support team. 

KB
Enthusiast

I saw at TDX that there is now the ability to build/clean scenarios between more than one table. I can see how that is really helpful with Accounts and Contacts, are there other use cases that clients are leveraging that I should consider?

ajavalidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Another great question KB! I believe you are referring to the upcoming feature that provides the ability to dedupe the duplicate child object records related to the already deduped parent object records. In addition to deduping the contact records once the account records are deduped, some other common use cases that customers will find beneficial with this new feature is the ability to dedupe the campaign members when deduping the campaign object. Once the feature is released (planned for Mid-April) we will have more details available around the feature along with other possible use cases.  

KB
Enthusiast

Previously there was an issue where a SF Contact merge allowed the winning record to be someone that was not the Portal User (SF only enforces for Partner Portal, not Community Portal). I've heard that there is now a field to flag in Validity for this when deciding merge criteria and winning records. What is the field called and are there any other enhancements like this I should be aware of?

ajavalidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Great question and thank you so much for participating in the first DemandTools Ask Me Anything session. I've provided a response to your inquiry below:

The good news is that DTV can identify portal user records within the Dedupe module. There is not a field that displays this information. The Dedupe module identifies the portal user records by highlighting them within the grid. You can take advantage of this feature by opening “General Settings” from the cogwheel icon and then clicking “Highlight Portal Users.” See below screenshot:

ajavalidity_0-1710430044408.png

Additionally, you can also create a winner rule that will choose the portal user record as the winner after applying the winner rule to all records. See below screenshot: 

ajavalidity_1-1710430074201.png

I hope you find this information useful. Please continue posting your questions on the Customer Community as our DemandTools customers and Validity team members are always happy to help!

DianeH
Explorer

In the old version of DemandTools there is a ReportEdit feature where I can, in mass, delete reports that have not been run in a long time.  Is this feature available in the new version of DemandTools and if so, where?  I can't seem to find it.  

Elliot_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@DianeH This module is not currently available within DemandTools V. We are actively tracking customer demand for this feature, and I’d encourage you raise a feature request for this module to be included within DemandTools V. This will aid our product team to effectively prioritize this feature amongst other feature candidates in the coming quarters.

jbdx
Enthusiast

Is there a way to convert only leads that fail to meet matching criteria? (i.e. possible matches remain leads and are marked for someone on staff to look at but those who don't match name or email in the system are converted)

ajavalidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @jbdx . Great question and thank you for participating in the first ever DemandTools Ask Me Anything session. The response to your inquiry is listed below:

This can be done by filtering on the step column within the final grid in the Convert module. From the final grid, first unselect all records via the check box at the top left-hand side of the grid. Then click on the “step” column and select the “final match” option. Once only those records are visible on the gird, click the “select all” check box at the top of the grid. Only those “final match” records are now selected in the grid. Click “convert” to proceed with only converting the non-matched records.  

I hope you find this information useful. Be sure to continue posting your questions on the Customer Community as our DemandTools customers and Validity team members are always happy to help!