cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winner Rules for Imports

lcmonroe
Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how the winner rules work for imports.  I have a record that I am importing that I am doing an account match on based on account name, city, state & country.  I know that my import record will match with 15 accounts so I used "newest record" for the winner rule.  When I do the "Preview Match" in the import process it brings back all 15 matches and looks like it will create that new record (Contact) on all 15 accounts.  I was expecting to see it match with only one account which would be the newest.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hey @lcmonroe - It will show all records, but you should notice it only has the box selected next to record being updated based off your Winner Rule, the other boxes should be blank and therefore not impacted should you elect to execute the job. If that is not the case, please email us at DemandToolsCOE@validity.com to investigate further.  

Pugs_Validity_0-1724179056993.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Pugs_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hey @lcmonroe - It will show all records, but you should notice it only has the box selected next to record being updated based off your Winner Rule, the other boxes should be blank and therefore not impacted should you elect to execute the job. If that is not the case, please email us at DemandToolsCOE@validity.com to investigate further.  

Pugs_Validity_0-1724179056993.png

lcmonroe
Explorer

Ahhh, that's what I missed seeing.  I see that now when I just did a test with the 1 record.  Thank you so much for that clarification!