cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workaround for DTV Import when changing input file on existing scenario (applies to DTV 5.24.1.0)

michael-wtds
Frequent Contributor
If you load an existing DTV Import scenario, and change the input file, and then attempt to Save the Scenario, and get an error message Reqeust Processing Failed, or Something Unexpected Happened.

There are two was to workaround this.  You can either
1. Use Scenario Save As to save any changes.  However, this option will lose the label names on all your Matching Steps.
2. To avoid losing your matching step names, make sure you know the location of your original scenario import file, then make changes to the input file, mappings, connditions, and mapping steps as needed.  When your done with modifications, back to the step 1, and change the import file back to the original file and then click Save Scenario.  Doing this will prevent the matching step names from being lost.
3 REPLIES 3

jbdx
Enthusiast

Are you losing steps when you upload? I've found that updating from a new version of the same report the original was created from (so with the same headers) maintains the matching steps

michael-wtds
Frequent Contributor

I can run the scenario with the new file.  However, if I try to save the scenario with the new file, I get an error every time.

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Thank you for providing the workarounds, @michael-wtds!  So everyone is aware, this issue should be resolved in DemandTools 5.25 which is slated for release in April 2023.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager