cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assess job not running in lower environment

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Hi all - wondering if anyone has seen this - if not will email support 🙂

Just ran an assess job in prod earlier today and (after updating my version) it worked fine

Now try to run an assess job in a lower environment and got an error - found this in the log if helps

APPLICATION FAILED TO START

Description:

Web server failed to start. Port 8080 was already in use.

Action:

Identify and stop the process that's listening on port 8080 or configure this application to listen on another port.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

I was told by suppport that its because my port 8080 is already in use - just in case anyone was interested

from support - This is what I've found: Your port 8080 is already bound, you can not run two applications in the same port. Go to command prompt in windows and type the command netstat -a, you will get to know which is running in port 8080. You will need to end the already running application or run the new application on a different port. This is explained in more detail on https://springhow.com/web-server-failed-to-start-port-8080-was-already-in-use/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @bhare1357 ,

I personally have not seen this issue before so I would recommend opening up a Support ticket if no one else has suggestions.  You can easily open one up now by using this form.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

will do - thanks!!

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

I was told by suppport that its because my port 8080 is already in use - just in case anyone was interested

from support - This is what I've found: Your port 8080 is already bound, you can not run two applications in the same port. Go to command prompt in windows and type the command netstat -a, you will get to know which is running in port 8080. You will need to end the already running application or run the new application on a different port. This is explained in more detail on https://springhow.com/web-server-failed-to-start-port-8080-was-already-in-use/

Thank you for circling back and letting the community know!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager