cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DemandToools Job Builder VS DemandTools V Schedule

TejaSabbineni
Observer

Hi,

With the demandtools job builder, we can schedule scenarios and also we can do windows tasks such as Copying a file to a different folder, renaming a file, deleteing a file, making a folder and so on. Does DemandTools V schedule has similar features? So far, I only see options to schedule various scenarios, but not windows options. If the Demandtools v schedule does not have these features available currently, is there a plan to include these features in the future product roadmap?

Thanks,

Teja Sabbineni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hello Teja,

The functionality you're inquiring about is presently not included in the DemandTools 5.x schedule module. Even though it's not currently on our roadmap, we strongly encourage you to submit it as a feature request on MyValidity.

Some of our users have discovered other ways to accomplish this, enabling DemandTools 5.x to monitor folders (consider scheduling every 5 minutes), allowing another program to move and/or manipulate files. Once the file is in the correct folder, DemandTools 5.x can pick it up and proceed with the next processing step using the scheduled scenario.

I hope this information proves helpful!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hello Teja,

The functionality you're inquiring about is presently not included in the DemandTools 5.x schedule module. Even though it's not currently on our roadmap, we strongly encourage you to submit it as a feature request on MyValidity.

Some of our users have discovered other ways to accomplish this, enabling DemandTools 5.x to monitor folders (consider scheduling every 5 minutes), allowing another program to move and/or manipulate files. Once the file is in the correct folder, DemandTools 5.x can pick it up and proceed with the next processing step using the scheduled scenario.

I hope this information proves helpful!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager