cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field rule for checkbox values

jkolterman
Enthusiast

For mege/delete using DVT, I'd like a given checkbox field to get marked as "YES" / "TRUE," if any of the candidate records for that merge are marked as "YES" or "TRUE."  

How would I craft field rule to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @jkolterman ,

I think you're asking for a Field Rule override whee if any of the records, including the winning record, is marked as true then the winning value will be true.

This can be accomplished with Field Rules and you would use the Combine Field Value option for that particular field.  

AnthonyValidity_0-1692720016685.png

Here's our article on Field Rules:  https://knowledge.validity.com/hc/en-us/articles/16452970878875-Field-Rules

Combine Field option only works with:

• Multi-select pick lists  - will keep the values from all records in the merged group
  • Text area fields - will keep the values from all records in the merged group
  • Boolean Fields (true/false) - true always wins (T + T = T , T + F = T, F + F = F)

Hope this helps!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MikePLexia
Enthusiast

Hello @jkolterman! When you say Yes or True, are you talking about the Winner records? If yes, one idea you can do is create a field in your Org called Winner Record or Master Record, etc. then export the Winner IDs from DTV before you merge records. Afterward, use an Import job to fill in that checkbox as True. I hope I understood your post correctly and that this helps! Cheers.

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @jkolterman ,

I think you're asking for a Field Rule override whee if any of the records, including the winning record, is marked as true then the winning value will be true.

This can be accomplished with Field Rules and you would use the Combine Field Value option for that particular field.  

AnthonyValidity_0-1692720016685.png

Here's our article on Field Rules:  https://knowledge.validity.com/hc/en-us/articles/16452970878875-Field-Rules

Combine Field option only works with:

• Multi-select pick lists  - will keep the values from all records in the merged group
  • Text area fields - will keep the values from all records in the merged group
  • Boolean Fields (true/false) - true always wins (T + T = T , T + F = T, F + F = F)

Hope this helps!

Anthony Lardiere Jr

Perfect, thanks Anthony!

Hi Anthony,

I just got around to testing this out in my sandbox for boolean data, and I'm seeing the behaviour you described for "combine field value" rule.

Meant to say "I'm NOT seeing the behavour you described

Hi @jkolterman ,

If the below behavior is not working when using a field rule, lets get a ticket open with Support.

You can use this form to submit a new support ticket.

Regards,

Anthony Lardiere Jr