cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all - I'm back :) - Assessment Module question

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Hi all - I'm back 🙂 - I have asked questions about the assessment module before but don't think I asked this one. I'm getting about 400 contacts back as dupes after running the default assessment; which isn't bad 🙂

My question is two fold

• is there a way to see how the fields are being matched in the default assessment module (meaning fuzzy, exact match etc)
  • the other is only way to see those matches is to run scenarios to find them correct?

As always - thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @bhare1357, the Assess module runs based on the prebuilt Validity Dedupe scenarios - if you are interested in seeing how these scenarios are configured, you can filter your scenarios list down to Module: Dedupe & Created By Validity. Although these scenarios are not specific to your org & data, they are great starting points for identifying any potential duplicates in your org.

Additionally, you can view the names of these scenarios from the Assess module when configuring an assessment; just click the View Dedupe Scenarios button as pictured below!

JonG_Validity_0-1687978787365.png

For the second question, you are correct. You would need to run those prebuilt scenarios to identify those potential duplicates that Assess returns. Just be sure you are reviewing the scenarios & preview grid prior to merging to ensure those are accurate duplicates in your org.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @bhare1357, the Assess module runs based on the prebuilt Validity Dedupe scenarios - if you are interested in seeing how these scenarios are configured, you can filter your scenarios list down to Module: Dedupe & Created By Validity. Although these scenarios are not specific to your org & data, they are great starting points for identifying any potential duplicates in your org.

Additionally, you can view the names of these scenarios from the Assess module when configuring an assessment; just click the View Dedupe Scenarios button as pictured below!

JonG_Validity_0-1687978787365.png

For the second question, you are correct. You would need to run those prebuilt scenarios to identify those potential duplicates that Assess returns. Just be sure you are reviewing the scenarios & preview grid prior to merging to ensure those are accurate duplicates in your org.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

@JonG_Validity - this looks great - thanks for the help!! Makes sense!!

RupaliShinde
Observer

does running assessment in production env has any performance impact ? Does user notice any performance or visibility issue?

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

@RupaliShinde I have run the assessment module a number of times and to my knowledge - have had no performance impact

RupaliShinde
Observer

Thank you @bhare1357 . I have another question. How long does it take to run assessment? My data set is around 3.7M records and when I click on Assess results , it shows "Assessment in progress...". I haven't received an email that it has completed. and It has been going on for more than 12 hours.

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Hi @RupaliShinde - I'm no expert but 🙂 - I would say let it keep running - 3.7m is a lot of records to process - sorry I can't be of much more help