cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Total Matches column in Match module

jramirez
Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

Something is confusing to me about a Match scenario that I saved to do a quick check as I am embarking on a data migration project. My scenario has four Match Steps. In the first three steps, I use the same column of my spreadsheet to search three different email fields in Salesforce. Then, for the fourth step, I compare two columns against two fields (Mobile and Last Name). That's a total of five Salesforce fields that my scenario considers.

So, I was very confused when I sorted my results page by the Total Matches column and saw that one row of my spreadsheet had seven (7) in its Total Matches and one Unique Match. How could it match seven times? I only have four steps. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

jramirez
Enthusiast

I have a couple of screenshots. One shows my Match Step setup, and the other shows what happens when I sort by Total Matches and then filter on the  Step column.Screenshot 2023-09-25 213932.pngScreenshot 2023-09-25 213456.png

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @jramirez, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was able to recreate this within my environment so I would like for you to open a support ticket by filling out this form. Please let me know once you open the ticket & I will be sure to add my findings for our support team to review.

The good news is it looks like this will not affect your export file as it will only export where it truly matched. It looks like it just tallying up the actual matches plus how many other match steps you have. So for your scenario, it appears it matched on 4 steps & it is just counting the additional match steps you have... I apologize that this might make it hard to review your results, but at least it is not affecting your true matches. I can assure you we will look into resolving this once that support ticket is opened. Thank you & let me know if you have additional questions!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

jramirez
Enthusiast

@JonG_Validity Thank you! I have opened a support ticket.