cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to count how many records we deduped?

skestenbaum
Enthusiast

HI All,

I am a Salesforce Admin at a non profit. We use Demand Tools mainly to dedupe and merge accounts and contacts. Is there a way to see how many contacts we merged in a specific period? I can estimate how many records I reviewed (I download those data reports) but this would show the potential dupes. I need to see how many we actually merged. 

Thanky you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

I usually write a Salesforce report for this using the Object History report type. I have one for 'Accounts Merged This Week' and 'Contacts Merged This Week'. 

Happy to provide more details if that's a route you're interested in taking. 

View solution in original post

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

Sure, so here's a screenshot of my Account one (Contact will be set up similarily). I believe you have to have Field Tracking on in order to have the 'Account History' Report Type, and I'm hoping you won't run into any limitations being a non-profit. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further clarification on any of it. 

CRMSarah_0-1679078917323.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

I usually write a Salesforce report for this using the Object History report type. I have one for 'Accounts Merged This Week' and 'Contacts Merged This Week'. 

Happy to provide more details if that's a route you're interested in taking. 

Thank you so much! Yes, I'd love more details on how you create these reports. 

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

Sure, so here's a screenshot of my Account one (Contact will be set up similarily). I believe you have to have Field Tracking on in order to have the 'Account History' Report Type, and I'm hoping you won't run into any limitations being a non-profit. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further clarification on any of it. 

CRMSarah_0-1679078917323.png

Yes this worked! thank you so much!

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

Nice work! Please mark my answer as the solution so others might benefit from it, too! 

Thanks, have a great weekend! 

skestenbaum
Enthusiast

THanks, I just did.

Have a great weekend!