cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching on Account Name challenge

Hoops
Enthusiast

Hi Community - first time poster after some DT wisdom 🙂

I'm using the Dedupe module to try and clean up some duplicated Account records but have found a challenge I can't seem to get working...🤔

I have a scenario where I'm matching on Account Name and Account BillingPostalCode to identify merge candidates.  I have 3 duplicate records that are not being identified by DT:

Account 1 Name = "Mr John Doe"
Account 2 Name = "John Doe"
Account 3 Name - "John Doe"
(All BillingPostalCodes match)

DT is identifying Account 2 and 3 as Dupes, but not 1.  I need Account 1 to be the winner in this scenario.
I've tried using

• Cleaned Account Name - no
  • Cleaned Account Name (Fuzzy & Alpha clean) - no
  • Acronym (Cleaned Name) (Fuzzy & Alpha clean) - no
  • Exact (Fuzzy & Alpha clean) - no

And many more combinations...  no luck.  What's the trick that I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hoops
Enthusiast

Think I've found the answer - customising matching rules to ignore prefixes of Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms etc...  😖

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hoops
Enthusiast

Think I've found the answer - customising matching rules to ignore prefixes of Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms etc...  😖

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi Hoops,

Welcome and congrats on your first post!  It looks like you were able to figure it out - you would customize your Cleanse Rules by going to the Cogwheel > Manage Cleanse Rules.  Replace or Prefix would work in this instance.  I think prefix would make more sense.

It sounds like "Mr" or "Mr." is in the First Name field, is that right?  You may want to use Modify, before deduping, to standardize and transform it as well.  You can do a string replace formula to remove them if you wanted to.  If you want to keep those types of prefixes in the first name field, instead of in Salutation field, then of course don't use modify.

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager