cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Engagement Points and Missing Business Segmentation

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Hi again - since this is a little different than my earlier post thought I would post this one separately. Anyway, this time I'm not really sure what Missing Engagment Points and Missing Business Segmentation is. So, would love to know. Lastly, would also love to know any suggestions on how to improve those number - both are very high for us.

Thanks again community!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @bhare1357 ,

It's me again 🙂  Here are the definitions that I have for the Assess module - these should be included in our articles soon.

• Record quality: An overall quality metric based on the total records that the report includes.
    • Validified: records without flaws, with validated email addresses.
    • Acceptable: records with negligible issues or emails that could not be 100% validated.
    • Limited: records with minor content issues in evaluated fields or records with acceptable content, have invalid emails or that are duplicates.
    • Insufficient: records with serious content issues or duplicates with limited quality content.
    • Unactionable: records with major missing or malformed content and bad quality duplicates.
  • Assessment problem categories: The classification of your data problems determined when using the Assess feature.
    • Duplicates: Another record exists with similar values in one or more fields.
    • Malformed Data: Records are missing or missing values or characters.
    • Missing engagement points: Records with missing or malformed contact data such as names, phone numbers, or addresses.
    • Missing business segmentation: Records with missing or invalid fields like role, industry, or company size.
    • Incomplete decision support: Records with incomplete or missing fields used in business reports and processes.
  • Content quality categories: To facilitate meaningful and easy interpretation of the fields being evaluated, they have been placed into one or more of three purpose-based categories.
    • Engagement points - All fields required to engage a lead, contact or account, such as names, phone numbers, emails, and billing addresses.
    • Business segmentation - All content important for business processes, such as roles of contacts in organizations, the organization’s size and industry, and the opportunity size and probability.
    • Decision support - Fields that carry important classification details that are used as qualifiers in business performance reports, pipeline management and other situations

Missing engagement points means that the fields that you would use to engage with your customers are blank.  The approach on fixing these depends on how you're going to get the information to add it to your CRM.  The best way to get a full list of records that are missing these engagements points is to condition on a module and say First Name equals blank OR Last Name equals blank OR phone number equals blank, etc.  You can do these OR statements between fields by clicking the checkbox in the add condition window which is located in the bottom left corner.  

AnthonyValidity_0-1677621193140.png

The module you use is dependent on how you're going to update them.  If you want to export, add the data, and then update I would use the Export module first and condition on those blank fields.  You wuold then update your file and then use Import to update those existing records with the correct info.  Another module that would work for this is Tune, where you can update the fields real-time; the cell values will be updated in salesforce immediately.  You can condition on those blank fields and then even look at only the blank cells after clickingon the hamburger in the column you're working in.

AnthonyValidity_1-1677621365841.png

Another thing you can think about doing is archiving or deleting leads that are very old and do not have any engagement points.  You would condition on those leads in the Delete module and make to only look at very old leads (maybe over a year or more but up to you) and then also condiion on the blank engagement points but instead of saying OR you would just do AND statements - in otherwords you would say that email, address, and phone are all blank.  

Missing Business segmentation or fields like role, industry, or company size can be found by conditioning in your scenarios with role equals blank OR industry equals blank OR company size equals blank.  If you don't use any of these fields, you can also exclude them from your Assess scenario.  If you decide on updating them the route you take depends on how you can find the information to put into those fields.  You could use Tune for hands on updates or Import to update them as well.

Hope this helps!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @bhare1357 ,

It's me again 🙂  Here are the definitions that I have for the Assess module - these should be included in our articles soon.

• Record quality: An overall quality metric based on the total records that the report includes.
    • Validified: records without flaws, with validated email addresses.
    • Acceptable: records with negligible issues or emails that could not be 100% validated.
    • Limited: records with minor content issues in evaluated fields or records with acceptable content, have invalid emails or that are duplicates.
    • Insufficient: records with serious content issues or duplicates with limited quality content.
    • Unactionable: records with major missing or malformed content and bad quality duplicates.
  • Assessment problem categories: The classification of your data problems determined when using the Assess feature.
    • Duplicates: Another record exists with similar values in one or more fields.
    • Malformed Data: Records are missing or missing values or characters.
    • Missing engagement points: Records with missing or malformed contact data such as names, phone numbers, or addresses.
    • Missing business segmentation: Records with missing or invalid fields like role, industry, or company size.
    • Incomplete decision support: Records with incomplete or missing fields used in business reports and processes.
  • Content quality categories: To facilitate meaningful and easy interpretation of the fields being evaluated, they have been placed into one or more of three purpose-based categories.
    • Engagement points - All fields required to engage a lead, contact or account, such as names, phone numbers, emails, and billing addresses.
    • Business segmentation - All content important for business processes, such as roles of contacts in organizations, the organization’s size and industry, and the opportunity size and probability.
    • Decision support - Fields that carry important classification details that are used as qualifiers in business performance reports, pipeline management and other situations

Missing engagement points means that the fields that you would use to engage with your customers are blank.  The approach on fixing these depends on how you're going to get the information to add it to your CRM.  The best way to get a full list of records that are missing these engagements points is to condition on a module and say First Name equals blank OR Last Name equals blank OR phone number equals blank, etc.  You can do these OR statements between fields by clicking the checkbox in the add condition window which is located in the bottom left corner.  

AnthonyValidity_0-1677621193140.png

The module you use is dependent on how you're going to update them.  If you want to export, add the data, and then update I would use the Export module first and condition on those blank fields.  You wuold then update your file and then use Import to update those existing records with the correct info.  Another module that would work for this is Tune, where you can update the fields real-time; the cell values will be updated in salesforce immediately.  You can condition on those blank fields and then even look at only the blank cells after clickingon the hamburger in the column you're working in.

AnthonyValidity_1-1677621365841.png

Another thing you can think about doing is archiving or deleting leads that are very old and do not have any engagement points.  You would condition on those leads in the Delete module and make to only look at very old leads (maybe over a year or more but up to you) and then also condiion on the blank engagement points but instead of saying OR you would just do AND statements - in otherwords you would say that email, address, and phone are all blank.  

Missing Business segmentation or fields like role, industry, or company size can be found by conditioning in your scenarios with role equals blank OR industry equals blank OR company size equals blank.  If you don't use any of these fields, you can also exclude them from your Assess scenario.  If you decide on updating them the route you take depends on how you can find the information to put into those fields.  You could use Tune for hands on updates or Import to update them as well.

Hope this helps!

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

SteveE
Observer

This is excellent - I ran the Data Quality assessment, and was struggling with how to explain to my CIO and CEO what the implications are. I would recommend including these definitions (or a link to them) in the information returned when a client gets their Data Quality email. I think it would be extremely helpful. 

Thanks Anthony!