cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving data from one sandbox to another

Dariustracy
Enthusiast

Is there a module inside of Demand Tools that will allow you to move data from sandbox to sandbox or sandbox to production org? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Dariustracy,

You can move information from one salesforce org to another using the Import module. Additionally, you could also move information from one object to another within the same org! To do so, just be sure you're currently logged into the org that you intend to move the data into. Once you open the Import module, select the org you'd like to move data from as the source.

If you intend to move multiple objects across orgs, you'll most likely want to retain the relationships that currently exist. We (the customer success team) put together a document that will assist with this process - I will email this directly to you so keep an out for that! Of course, we still recommend you conduct your own internal testing to ensure all records migrated are properly related.

I hope this helps. Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Dariustracy,

You can move information from one salesforce org to another using the Import module. Additionally, you could also move information from one object to another within the same org! To do so, just be sure you're currently logged into the org that you intend to move the data into. Once you open the Import module, select the org you'd like to move data from as the source.

If you intend to move multiple objects across orgs, you'll most likely want to retain the relationships that currently exist. We (the customer success team) put together a document that will assist with this process - I will email this directly to you so keep an out for that! Of course, we still recommend you conduct your own internal testing to ensure all records migrated are properly related.

I hope this helps. Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Jonathan

Can you send me a copy of the document that will assist with this process, to move multiple objects across orgs and retain the relationships that currently exist?  Thanks!

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@MaryB It's headed your way!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Dariustracy
Enthusiast

Thank you @JonG_Validity for this it solved my problem totally!

loinAAco
Observer

Hi, I have a similar situation, could I have that document too, please?

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@loinAAco I will get that over to you right now.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Chooper
Explorer

Can you please send me a copy as well?  I do have scripts set up to move data from one org to the other and LOVE this functionality.  I would like to read your document for additional tips/tricks.  Thank you

@JonG_Validity Will you get that document to @Chooper as well! Also, we are working to get this documenation added to our help center. Stay tuned! 

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@Chooper I will send that to you right now!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager