cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassign scenario match steps have all disappeared

michael-wtds
Frequent Contributor

I have a reassign scenario that I have used over 40 times in the last 9+ months.  And today when I opened it the multiple match steps that were previously definied were all missing.   I've opened a support ticket, but wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this happen.

And better yet, how can we make backups of our scenarios to ensure we have some form of recovery when DTV decides to do things like this, or occassionally just not even load an existing scenario?

4 REPLIES 4

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @michael-wtds, this is something that I've not personally seen before so I believe support will be the best route forward here. I assume the answer is no, but I do just want to confirm that you did not somehow change the Source dropdown after loading the scenario?

In terms of creating a backup of your scenarios, I would highly suggest doing so within a sandbox org - for any scenario you create, you could share those to your sandbox where they'd be available to use or, if ever needed, shared back to your production environment.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

michael-wtds
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jon,

I appreciate the suggestion, but if the sandbox get's refreshed, wouldn't I lose the backup copies?   It would definitely be more helpful to have a way to export some form of a text file that could be used to at least view the definition details in the event of scenario corruption. 

And I have to say, I lose scenarios via crashes nearly every other week due to DTV bugs.  So, I've had to use Save As as part of a standard practice to constantly make scenario backups just in case.

Hi @michael-wtds, that is correct and definitely something that would have to be kept in mind.

For now, I would continue to work with our technical support team to see why this occurs within your environement & hopefully we can discover the cause and avoid it moving forward. Additionally, I would also ask that you submit a feature request when it comes to exporting/backing up your scenarios so our product team can review.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

@JonG_Validity I'm pretty sure I've already submitted a feature request for this.  However, I don't see anything listed in the existing Under Consideration or Planned sections for this. 

Is there a way someone internally can check the feature requests submitted by me or others to see if this has already been submitted and just isn't published yet?