cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separation of Duties - different roles per environment

Fireman_X
Enthusiast

First off, Hi all -- glad to join this great community!  Only quick question I had was an enhancement request (of course ;))

From an audit perspective, we are trying to prevent developers from making changes in development and production. We want to have at least two peoples eyes on code changes that get to prod. Ideally we would like to be able to grant users access to certain environment, but right now using 'Manage User Roles' it grants the same access across all linked sandboxes. So for example, I want dev a to be able to merge in a dev sandbox, but not in a prod sandbox...etc. 

Would it be possible to also assign users different roles for each linked sandbox? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Fireman_X ,

I'm happy to see you on our new community!  This is a great idea but not currently possible.  You can add feature requests by following this article.

The feature request page allows you to vote on or create new features.  You mark how critical it is to your organization and then it is sent off to our Product team.  Please be sure to not only provide the feature you'd like, but why, like you did above.

Hope this helps!

Anthony
Customer Success Manager

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Fireman_X ,

I'm happy to see you on our new community!  This is a great idea but not currently possible.  You can add feature requests by following this article.

The feature request page allows you to vote on or create new features.  You mark how critical it is to your organization and then it is sent off to our Product team.  Please be sure to not only provide the feature you'd like, but why, like you did above.

Hope this helps!

Anthony
Customer Success Manager

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager