cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Accounts - looking for a "trick"

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

Hi all - we have a list of accounts in all caps and are updating it to proper case so...

VERIZON becomes Verizon

However, there are some like YMCA OF BOSTON (for example) that we don't want to update - we want it to be 

YMCA of Boston 

rather than going through 78k of records to find those - is there any way to do those through DTV? If not no worries but thought I would ask! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @bhare1357,

If you are looking to update these using Modify or Import, there is actually a feature built into DemandTools specifically for instances like this! I've provided some screenshots below to show where this is found, but if you click the cogwheel in the top right hand side of DemandTools, then click Manage Cleanse Rules, followed by Proper Case Override you will be able to see all values that the ProperCaseName formula will not apply to (Make sure you are on version 5.25.8 or above). I did a quick scroll through my list and noticed YMCA in there, but you will want to double check this within your instance. This list is customizable so I don't want to assume it's something I added manually.

Any value in this list will be ignored by the ProperCase formula, but of course make sure you test with your data to verofy the results are up to par with what you're expecting.

JonG_Validity_0-1706821963841.png

JonG_Validity_1-1706821984946.png

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @bhare1357,

If you are looking to update these using Modify or Import, there is actually a feature built into DemandTools specifically for instances like this! I've provided some screenshots below to show where this is found, but if you click the cogwheel in the top right hand side of DemandTools, then click Manage Cleanse Rules, followed by Proper Case Override you will be able to see all values that the ProperCaseName formula will not apply to (Make sure you are on version 5.25.8 or above). I did a quick scroll through my list and noticed YMCA in there, but you will want to double check this within your instance. This list is customizable so I don't want to assume it's something I added manually.

Any value in this list will be ignored by the ProperCase formula, but of course make sure you test with your data to verofy the results are up to par with what you're expecting.

JonG_Validity_0-1706821963841.png

JonG_Validity_1-1706821984946.png

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

bhare1357
Frequent Contributor

@JonG_Validity Thanks for this - only problem here is we are goign to have to create that list so someone will have to go through the list and add those to the list 🙂 - but thanks again for the info!

Hopefully most of the values you notice repeated in your data are common enough to be in there already - At least I'm hoping!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager