cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity DemandTools Ask Me Anything event

Manuel_Validity
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the Validity DemandTools Ask Me Anything event.

This event has ended this time and no more replies to this thread will be accepted, please stay tuned for our next event later in the year.

If you have further questions, please post them to the DemandTools Forum where one of our user experts will surely answer!

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

Thanks, @ajavalidity for the quick response. I just wanted to clarify -- is there a way to do this automatically, or do I need to manually deselect all those records?

ajavalidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@jbdx Thanks for your quick reply. The "unselect all" option does need to be manually checked in order to deselect all records on the grid. My suggestion is to immediately check that box to unselect all records when the grid displays and then "select all" for each filtered section as needed. I encourage you to log a feature request if you would like to see this module behaving any differently. 

I hope you find this information useful. 

ebpoplin
Explorer

Thanks so much for offering this event! Is there, or will there be, a possibility to use Demand Tools to change information on multiple objects similar to how we can use reports with multiple objects? I oftentimes create or use a random field on one object to distinguish the data set that I'd like to use to manipulate data for another object. Reports is fine for a handful of changes, but if I plan to make global changes I always look to Demand Tools. I realize I can download the information, alter it, and re-upload it using Demand Tools, but I just wanted to see what options are available for doing this within the DT platform.

ajavalidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@ebpoplin Thanks for the question. It sounds like this would be possible in DemandTools V as it has the ability to look up to 5 hiearchy levels deep; however, I need to know a bit more about your use case to provide you with the best possible solution. What objects are you intending to update? Are you looking to update fields within each object simutaneously? Have the records that need updated already been identified? Once I receive your response, I'll continue investigating and testing on my end ahead of the Ask Me Anything session. I'm looking forward to hearing back.