cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Validity Community DemandTools Forum!

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hello and thank you for being a Validity DemandTools customer.  I welcome you to the Validity Community DemandTools forum!  

My name is Anthony and I am a Customer Success Manager on our data team (DemandTools V (DTV), BriteVerify, DupeBlocker (DB)).  You may have seen me on a few of our live training webinars - one of my favorite things to do is empower our clients so they can better succeed.

I'm going to briefly discuss one of my favorite modules that can transform and standard the current data in your CRM, the Modify module.  People love our Dedupe and Import modules but sometimes the Modify module gets overlooked.

The Modify module allows you to mass update existing records in your CRM using a combination of functions:

• Field to field - copy date from one field and move it to another.
  • Specified Value - this is like a stamp.  You update the filed of every record with a specific value.
  • Formula - (my favorite) utilize over 170 formulas for data cleansing and standardization.
  • Field Aggregate - sum values in a sub-object and populate it on the parent object.
  • Record Count - perform a count of sub-objects related to a parent record and populate on the parenct object.

Within the formula function, we have excel formulas, propriatery formulas, and if you know how to write them RegEx Replace and RegExMatch.  Using a combination of our formuals, and hopefully customizing your own, will allow you to transform your CRM data to be consistent and clean.  Sometimes our customers find out the hard way that validation rules and picklists are very important and realize that using Modify is a must to clean up old data. 

You can find out more about Modify by going to the Modify Module Overview Article.  To see the list of proprietary formulas pre-built into DemandTools V (DTV), take a look at our Modify Formual Dictionary Article.

Here's an example of a RegExMatch formula that will identify any malformed US Zip codes.  It will respect 5 digit or 9 digit zip codes.

RegExMatch( ${BillingPostalCode} , "^[0-9]{5}(?:-[0-9]{4})?$")

A great place to start for anything DemandTools V (DTV) is the DemandTools V (DTV) Help Center Hub.  You'll be able to find overview articles for each Module as well as training videos by clicking the Videos section of the DemandTools V (DTV) area of the Help Center.

I'm really excited about our release of Validity Community.  I can't wait to work with you all to make your organization's data cleaner, standardized, and up-to-date.

Best,

Anthony

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager
6 REPLIES 6

LeonaBelkMSSU
Frequent Contributor

I have to agree that one of my favorite functions in DemandTools is modify! We have so many applications come in with improper use of capital letters and this function is the fastest way to correct all of them at once. That is just one of many ways our org uses Modify. 

Hi Leona,

So happy to hear that you love Modify as much as I do!  It really gives us a second chance on our existing data and is fairly use to use the preinstalled scenarios.  We're always available during Office Hours if you ever have questions 🙂  You can register by clicking here.

Anthony

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

Justin
Enthusiast

I'm guilty of going to the old version of DemandTools when I need to do something (MassEffect) due to being a real early user of DemandTools.  I'm trying to force myself to go to DemandTools V so I can learn the layout but I'm so accustomed to doing what I know in the old version.

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi Justin,

I completely understand being comfortable with your current workflow - I've felt similarly about other products that I use.  I'm happy to hear you're attempting to "force" yourself to use it more as I think you will grow to love it!  I really do not go into Legacy DemandTools 2.91 (LDT) at all anymore and absolutely prefer DemandTools V (DTV).  

The good news is that you can easily migrate your Single Table Dedupe (STDD) and MassImpact scenrios to DemandTools V (DTV).  For MassEffect, I find DemandTools V (DTV) to be so much easier to build out the scenarios that I think you'll get those accomplished pretty quickly.

I have to point out that our Import module, which used to be part of MassEffect, has a ton of enhancements that you may be interested in.

• PeopleImport (PI) functionality which means it will compare your file to existing records (cross-object) to see if the record already exists.  This reduces duplication.  It can also insert a contact if the record in your file matches on the account level.
  • You can import data from one Salesforce environment to another, from a SQL database, or from one object to another object in the same Salesforce environment.
  • We have cross-mapping (updating two fields in Salesforce with one value in your file) and cross-field matching (matching to phone field to alternate phone fields).

You now can also conidition on and schedule scenarios from the Delete module.

I know this is quite a lot of information but hopefully it gets you excited to start using DemandTools V (DTV) more!  

Best,
Anthony

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Customer Success Manager

LeonaBelkMSSU
Frequent Contributor

I understand that! I just recently started a slow transition over to DemandTools V. There is definite difference between the systems but once I did a few scenarios, it got much easier. I still have a lot to move over but looking forward to having everything moved and set up to run on a daily schedule. 

Guilty as well Justin.  After using it for almost 20 years, old habits are sometimes hard to break.  Although I love the new version too!

Life is short. Make fun of it! - Leyna